Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Writing Powerful Affirmations

Focusing your attention on what you desire is a key step in attracting the things you want into your life. Affirmations are essential and you need to use your affirmations daily...several times a day really.

You might be asking "Ok, but what is an affirmation?" An affirmation is defined as - "Something declared to be true; a positive statement or judgment."

So now that you know what an affirmation is, now you need to know how to write your affirmations. Your affirmation needs to be in present tense, in positive terms, short and specific. For example: "Each decision I make creates new opportunities"... that's powerful!

Now that you have an affirmation, here's how to use it. Repetition is important. I like to start my affirmations in the morning when I first wake, when I am getting ready for the day and when I am having a cup of coffee. I also repeat my affirmations throughout the day...it has become a habit for me and a very enjoyable time too! I have my most important affirmations written out and posted in my bed room. This way I can see them first thing in the morning and when I go to bed...thats also a good time to repeat affirmations.

Emotion and affirmations go hand in hand. Say your affirmations with emotion! "I am financially independent!" ... make it meaningful and feel it when you say it, remember, say it like you believe it!

Now, the "belief" part...this is the more difficult aspect of affirmations. When you're not there yet it's tough to believe, so, here is what you need to do. Feel what it will be like when achieving your desire. Imagine what it will be like. Live it right now in your mind, make your vision so real that your subconscious mind will know that you are already in possession of your desire.

Your subconscious is approximately 90% of your total minds power. Your conscious mind, the part that you use in your daily life is only 10%.

Your subconscious mind will accept anything you tell it without question and will begin to manifest your desires into your life.

My daily affirmations have become something that I cannot stop...If I am working on a task and my thoughts begin to wander, I always find myself going over my list of affirmations and smiling!

Give it a try. Write out some affirmations and put them into motion.

No comments: