Friday, June 27, 2008

Is This Your Future?

I recently posted about living in the "NOW" and how important it is to pay attention to how you think/feel/act at any given moment.

Some people think "well that takes up a lot of energy" or "I can't monitor my thoughts and actions like that!"...well how bad do you want change? How much do you want your "future" to be your "now"?

I know it seems daunting to change your thoughts, but you have to start. Don't think that you can do this over night or that it has to be an instantaneous change or nothing will happen.
Start small. Here's what I do to change the way I think, feel and act.

  • How to change a Negative thought: Every time I notice a negative thought entering my mind, I try to immediately replace that thought with something positive. What always works for me is a thought of my granddaughter. Right away, I see her beautiful face, and hear her giggles or hear her say my name...and the negative vanishes! Find a positive from your life and use it as your "emergency positive". This exercise will begin to grow with positives that you can replace a negative thought with at any given moment
  • How to change a Feeling: Once you have replaced the negative thoughts, you should already begin to feel more positive...now you should fine-tune those good feelings by putting a smile on your face (if it hasn't already appeared)...I find it very difficult to be negative with a big smile on my face!

  • How to change your Actions: At this point you have replaced your negative thoughts, you have changed the way you were feeling from bad to good and now you need to take some positive action. If I am at home, I grab a cat or a person and give them a hug or tell them I love them. If I am out in a public setting, I will make eye contact with someone and say "Hi, how are you?" and smile...I might even buy the person in line behind me at Starbucks a coffee, I just pay for mine and tell the waitress the extra cash is for the next person and I walk away.
So you see, that short exercise takes place in a matter of seconds. Change isn't the hard part, it's taking action that bogs people down...but really, how hard is the example I have given above? It's not hard at all! Once you force yourself into action, change takes place right then and there!

Your "FUTURE" can be right NOW...all you have to do is start, take action and just watch everything unfold in your life just as you wanted your future to be...only it's your "NOW"!

Create PROSPERITY in your "NOW"! ...CLICK HERE

No comments: